A tax-deductible donation to Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery ensures that Red Cross is able to respond as soon as an emergency occurs and helps us continue to support people in their journey of recovery. Whenever you see a Red Cross person in action, you will know that your donation has played an important role in activating a Red Cross emergency response.
With floods, bushfires, cyclones and heatwaves, this summer was a difficult one for many Australians. But they are not alone. Red Cross has been there helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
Learn more about our response in Australia over this past summer.
Devastating floods swept across areas in the Solomon Islands. Read more about Red Cross's current response.
By donating at any time to Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery you are providing valuable support for our Emergency Services teams in Australia and overseas.
Your donation allows Red Cross to:
- train staff, aid workers and volunteers to be ready to respond as soon as a disaster strikes in Australia and overseas
- teach and support communities in disaster-prone regions to better prepare for disasters
- help affected communities to recover from emergencies - in outback towns, metropolitan cities or small Pacific islands - whether you hear about it in the news or not
- train and send specialist aid workers to assist local Red Cross volunteers and staff in countries affected by major disasters
- maintain stocks of critical disaster response equipment including water filtration, shelter, hygiene and cooking kits for use in emergencies.
Disasters have an enormous impact on people's health, wellbeing and livelihoods; not only in the affected communities but also within the broader community. Events such as the Black Saturday fires remind us how important it is to respond immediately to an emergency and your donation to Disaster Relief and Recovery ensures this is possible.
Red Cross relies on committed volunteers and donors. You can support Red Cross emergency work by making a secure online donation to Disaster Relief and Recovery, or by phoning 1800 811 700.
Learn more about our Emergency Services in Australia.
Learn more about our International Emergencies.
Red Cross produces resources designed to help people better prepare, respond to and recover from emergencies.